Who We Are
For almost 30 years, Hope Lutheran Christian School has been dedicated to realising our mission to equip each child to impact the world for Christ’s glory through providing quality Christian education in the beautiful community of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia.
Founded by Hope Lutheran Church in 1995, our school currently serves over 300 students from grades K-8 across two campuses.
We are focused on delivering high quality educational experiences supported by an amazing community of staff who are passionate about equipping students for the future.
Our school has adopted a community standard that is available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates who we wish to interview will be contacted.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates for the following administrative position:
- HLCS is searching for a School Registrar who is knowledgeable, friendly, and flexible while working cooperatively with staff, parents, and students as well as at all times displaying care and concern, reflecting the love of God in Christ Jesus.
Start Date: January 2, 2024
- The Registrar is under the supervision and direction of the Principal.
- A clear criminal record check.
The Registrar will be responsible for processing, managing, and maintaining domestic and international student applications and records with the utmost discretion, conducting all duties in a proactive, self-sufficient, competent manner. These duties will include:
- Managing and maintaining student records and the school reporting information database (MyEdBC), including providing training and support for teachers and support staff.
- Reviewing and processing domestic and international student applications
- Sending and processing student placement offers.
- Onboarding new students and processing student withdrawals and records transfers.
- Managing the annual re-enrollment event.
- Ensuring all active and former students’ permanent record files are complete and meet the Ministry of Education’s regulatory requirements for handling and storage.
- Creating and submitting reports to the Ministry of Education, including but not limited to the biannual 1701 report and the annual ES-Audit.
- Working with external auditors, the Ministry of Education, Fraser Health, Ministry of Children and Family Development, and other applicable organizations as required.
- Creating student and staff email accounts and providing access support as needed.
- Developing and maintaining PDF fillable forms and documents for use in the School’s application package, offer acceptance agreement package, annual re-enrollment package, and the creation of new forms and documents as needed.
- Maintaining the School’s alumni database.
- Working with the Principal, Vice Principals, and other senior administrative team members, providing technical information and support relating to student applications, records management, and Ministry of Education reporting.
- Providing direction to the Secretary and Administrative Assistant when these positions are providing support to the Registrar to carry out duties.
- This position will be approximately 44 weeks per year.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Google Chrome and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word.
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with large-scale electronic records management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Articulate and confident oral and written English communication skills.
- Conducts oneself professionally.
- Strong and accurate keyboarding skills.
- Willing and able to work outside of regular office hours during special events (eg. Open House).
- Access to a personal vehicle to move between campuses as needed.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Assess and appropriately respond to tense and high-pressure situations.
- Assist individuals from diverse cultures and whose first language may not be English, with patience and sensitivity.
- Remain focused in noisy environment with constant interruptions.
- Operate standard office equipment such as a two-line phone, printer, copier, scanner, shredder.
- Work comfortably while seated at a standard office desk.
- Lift boxes up to 15 lbs, pull open heavy file cabinet drawers, stretch arms overhead, and safely use a step ladder.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working with MyEdBC Student Records management system.
- Experience creating and submitting Ministry of Education 1701 and ES Audit reports.
- Working knowledge of PIPA.
- Able to obtain a clear criminal record check.
To apply, please submit the following via email to Jennifer Watson ( ) and Andrew Shutsa ()
- cover letter
- list of references
The position will be open until filled. We encourage all applicants to view our website at www.school.hopelcs.ca